Technical Conference Chair (Consultant - Project based - Remote)
Introduce the World’s Top Software Teams to Early-Adopter Stage Technologies
This is a project-based, part-time role as a conference chair for QCon, involving the curation of content for one or several of our conferences. The topics and the programming committee are chosen 6 months before a conference, but the majority of the work falls within the 4 months leading up to the event. During those 4 months, it will require about 10 to 15 hours per week.
Help us shape the premier conference for senior software engineers, architects and team leads!
WE are a practitioner-driven conference focused on facilitating the spread of knowledge and innovation in the developer community. Our work ethic centers around accountability, integrity, mastery, service, and transparency- the core values of QCon / C4Media. We inspire and empower our attendees to keep growing, searching, and learning.
YOU are a technical trainer/coach or software developer who has past experience working with speakers and large conferences, who stays up-to-date and actively follows major software trends and who wants to make a difference in the software development community.
THE MISSION of this position is to help shape the content of QCon conferences so that it will inspire attendees to drive change and innovation within their own software projects. By providing overall guidance to our program committees of experts and speakers to curate the best and most relevant content, you can have a real impact on the software development community.
- Introducing the world’s top software teams to early-adopter stage technologies!
- Facilitate self-organizing, high-performance teams and work with committees of movers and shakers that are passionate about QCon’s mission by being a part of an energetic, supportive, and fun team.
- Create experiences that will make a difference for more than 5,000 software developers per year.
- Interact and forge relationships with some of the greatest minds in software development.
- Learn, stay on the edge, and drive innovation in software development. Software is changing the world!
- Maintain overall content vision for the specific QCon event.
- Help select & maintain relationships with the Program Chairs (5-7 per conference).
- Manage preset timelines for the conference, based on content plan and current reality.
- Own the conference chairing process as a product, ensuring the committee process is executed as per best practices.
- Own the speaker process end-to-end, including speaker interviews, speaker webinars, speaker rehearsals and other speaker training processes.
- Provide input regarding workshops offered (these are offered as an optional add-on to conference attendees).
- Servant Leader. Embody and model C4Media’s core values through effective communication and coaching; be willing to jump in and do what needs to be done; build a positive and self-organizing team spirit; put success of the team above one’s own interests; build group commitment around realistic goals and objectives in line with the company vision; accept and offer constructive feedback; give appropriate recognition to others; exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views.
- Technical. Software developer by background & up to date and actively following major software trends.
- Self-Motivated & Self-Managing. Be able to work independently in C4Media’s high-freedom virtual environment and take on a proactive rather than reactive methodology of handling projects.
- People Person. You enjoy team facilitation and synergy; embrace diversity and encourage employees to appreciate the variety of opinions, input, and understand what these differences provide.
- Service-Oriented. You are inspired and take joy in building a product or service that people will LOVE.
- Excellent Communicator. You are cautious in setting expectations rather than making assumptions; keep the team informed about plan progress and changes; place a high emphasis on excellence in all forms of communication; convey ideas and facilitate conversations well through both oral and written avenues.
To be considered you must
- Have the ability to attend weekly stand up calls and status meetings via video conference during the pre-planning phase of the conference.
- Have a home office or similar arrangement from where you can work on a daily basis with a reliable internet connection (>6mbps).
- Be self-motivated and self-disciplined in order to thrive in a remote and dynamic environment.
- Be able to travel internationally once per year - with a duration of 4 to 7 days.
- Be based somewhere between US West Coast and Central Europe.
Find more about us:
Please apply to the link below to be considered