Bookkeeper (Remote, Ireland)
Work from home, drive hiring and help implement culture initiatives for a small global company that values creating an amazing work experience for a diverse, remote and highly professional team.
We are a 1.7M monthly reader online news website (InfoQ.com) and international technical conference series (QCon) with several thousand attendees per year whose mission is to inspire progress in software development. Software is changing the world!
C4Media is a privately-held and financially stable company based in Toronto, Canada. We are about 11 years old and have seen consistent annual growth and expansion of our business.
We have a staff of over 40 dedicated, passionate professionals working from home across 10 countries (including USA, Romania, Canada, Brazil, UK, Greece) in various functions such as Software Development, Sales, Editorial, Marketing and various business roles. Our culture and staff satisfaction have been rated among the highest our business coach has ever seen and our culture stems from our core values which include accountability, integrity, mastery, service, and transparency.
We are seeking a Bookkeeper / Finance Assistant to take ownership of accounts payable tasks in our Finance Department. You will learn the different aspects of payables, how to class items, where to look for the details in Quickbooks accounting software and our shared google drive.
As the Finance Assistant, you will also eventually take charge of the QCon New York conference registrations. We seek a detailed oriented, accurate person with strong customer service focus and a desire to learn and grow within a finance team.
A ‘day in life’ for this role looks like;
- Manage conference registration emails, answering questions and issues and assist in payment issues in a polite and professional manner
- Manage conference registration system confirm payments and invoicing have been received and is accurate
- Collect and post bills and expenses received
- Match and Post receipts on 5 company credit cards; track down receipts if missing
- Ensure proper class coding for all payments
- Reconcile all invoices to payments received
- You will also be expected to be present managing any conference attendee registration and payment matters during the QCon NY and SF events
- You are expected to be work and be available between 8 and 4 pm Eastern time
You should be able to:
- Speak, read, and write English well
- Perform bookkeeping tasks or have a passion to learn it
- Manage excel and manipulate the documents using formulas and formatting as well as convert to google sheets
- Be organized with strong “follow up” skills
- Spot patterns and mistakes, look for clues in details to determine the proper next steps in posting
- Be organized and follow process
- Feel comfortable asking questions
- Understand and uphold confidentiality agreements
- Uphold and live our core values everyday
Preference given to candidates with:
- Certificate or formal training in Bookkeeping
- Abilities to understand and use class/project tags in accounting software
- Knowledge of Foreign Exchange transactions and how it affects the financials
- Experience with Google Drive
- An awesome team of highly motivated individuals with diverse skills and background.
- Co-workers in Canada, Romania, USA, China, Japan, Brazil, UK, Greece, and Argentina.
- Competitive pay and perks.
- Visit a new country every year while attending our company meeting
- A 100% remote - work from home - team spread across 3 continents and a great company culture!