Digital Marketing Director
Please note this is a remote job.
A rare opportunity to create a marketing practice within a global, highly successful company. Scale industry-leading brands ranked 5252 of all global websites, and events serving over 6000 attendees a year.
As the Marketing Director for C4Media, you will establish and lead our marketing team while building and implementing a marketing strategy for our two product lines; InfoQ and QCon. We seek someone who is web-native, data driven, with a strong understanding of IT engineers and nuances in marketing to them. You are working at a small company where even the CEO is doing “administrative” tasks. You will be working remotely with a team located in several time zones. Your normal work day will be expected to overlap with our core global office hours (8 am - 1 pm Eastern).
- Build a Growth Oriented Marketing Department
- Foster Growth Hacking, experimentation mindset, tools and latest techniques
- Manage and mentor a 3+ person marketing team
- Continually improve marketing methods and strategies
- Design and implement a strategic SEO plan to increase organic traffic
- Recommend content production and packaging improvements to get us in top search rankings
- Manage Outreach / backlink building initiatives
- Engage in ongoing competitive SEO strategies
- Develop and implement Data-driven Product-market fit processes
- Manage customer feedback, market research, competitive analysis, media trends monitoring, focus groups- assisting content leads in managing content strategy and improving demand-gen processes for marketers
- Assist with validating a new Subscription / Content Product Revenue Stream
- In 2017 we will be developing a subscription / new content product revenue stream. Get in on the ground floor to help manage experiments, lean startup style, to discover this next phase of our company growth.
What you should know and be ready to explain your experience with;
- Data driven marketing - predictive analytics and customer insight
- Scaling Online Content Product sales, reach
- Google Analytics experimentation
- Behavioral Email Marketing techniques
- Web Personalization
- Competitive Analysis
- LTV, Acquisition & Retention metrics
To be considered you must have/be;
- Managed other full time marketing staff for at least 2 years
- Native or near native written English fluency
- Aligned with our Core Values - Transparency, Accountability, Service, Mastery, and Integrity
- Able to travel internationally 4 times a year
- Previous subscription product experience a plus
Preference is given to candidates who:
- 8 years of Digital Marketing Experience
- Have driven strategic SEO projects (not only technical SEO)
- Living somewhere in between GMT and CST time zone (minimum overlap work hours 8am ET - 12pm daily)
- Knowledge or experience working in an agile / sprint oriented environment
Everyone works from home. Our whole company is virtual!
25 paid days off
$2,500/yr paid towards your education, conferences, certification anything - It is our value, Mastery.