A rare opportunity to support a young, global, highly successful company that aims to accelerate the software side of human technological progress!
Our company has two products: InfoQ.com which serves professional software developers and has more than 1 million unique visitors per month and QCon a line of conferences that serve the same community and take place every year in SF, NY, London, China, Brazil and Japan.
You role would be to spearhead improvements on existing product lines and features, while laying the groundwork for some big initiatives we have in our 3-year plan involving microtargeting, behavioural advertising, vertical events, deep personalisation, and more!
You will be working remotely with a team located in several time zones. Your normal work day will be expected to overlap with our core global office hours (8 am - 1 pm Eastern). Living somewhere in between GMT and EET time zone is a MUST!
- Maintain roadmaps for our major product initiatives that are backed by business cases and user experience.
- Support multiple teams with requirements gathering and specifications.
- Become industry expert in online media, online advertising, online publishing, and conference services
- Work closely with development teams, UX and stakeholders to deliver items from the roadmaps
- Drive or support Conversion Rate Optimization initiatives
- Define KPIs and implement product dashboards for product health
- Measure and communicate ROI to business stakeholders
- Storytelling internally to motivate and engage your peers.
- Mastery in using online collaboration tools like Google Docs, Slack, etc.
- Technical background is a must in order to be able to understand how web, mobile and social technologies work and what are the limitations (browser cookies, privacy, etc)
- Needs to understand metrics: Google Analytics experience is a must
- Practical experience with A/B testing is a must
- Needs to be able to do low-fidelity wireframes to get early feedback
- Needs to have an "economic view" or product development: "We will invest this amount of resources, to get this ROI"
- Actively follow all latest product and consumer-related trends on the web, mobile, social networks.
- Needs to have real-world experience with requirements gathering, creating specifications and working with Agile teams in sprints
- Excellent analytical skills: the ability to translate high-level requirements into product plan and user focused products.
- An ability to develop business cases and financial models to support new product introductions.
- Ability to achieve results through excellent communication skills and streamlined decision making.
To be considered you mustPreference is given to candidates
- Have the ability to attend weekly stand up calls and status meetings via video conference
- Have a home office or similar arrangement from where you can work on a daily basis with a reliable internet connection (>6mbps)
- Be aligned with our Core Values - Transparency, Accountability, Service, Mastery, and Integrity
- Be analytical and have attention to detail
- Be able to travel internationally 4 times a year
- Be creative! Online media and conferences are fast evolving fields and you are a creative Product Manager to help move C4Media through its next phase.
- Living somewhere in between GMT and EET time zone
- Have shipped products for online publishers or conference organisations